Being able to argue in English is vital for our everyday life in the globalized world. That’s why we, the debating society of the University of Leipzig, offer an English Debating Workshop for everyone, who seeks to improve their argumentative skills and rhetoric.
The workshop takes place every Tuesday during the semester, between 19:00 and 21:00 o’clock in room S 322 of the Neues Sminargebäude on the main campus (Augustusplatz).
Don’t worry if you do not have any debating experience – all technicalities and the rules in general are being explained at the very beginning of each workshop. We also conduct various “warm-up” exercises to really get you going for the perfect public speech.
We debate on interesting, relevant, newsworthy topics in order to broaden our horizon and acquire the necessary oratory skills needed for a successful academic and working career.
If you are already a confident speaker you will improve your practical skills to defend your opinion and win arguments.
What do we offer?
- a way to master the ability to deliver a speech spontaneously and freely
- acquiring the skills of meaningful, structured and analytical argumentation
- support for developing your self-confidence and flawless rhetoric
- deferential and esteeming converse
- community- and team spirit
What do you need?
- a pen and a sheet of paper
- good mood and a bit of courage
Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions regarding the debate!